Conditions for admission
Candidates must meet university admission requirements and hold a five-year higher education diploma:
- French national master’s degree
- French or foreign degree conferring the grade of master
Candidates in the arts must be able to present a portfolio as evidence of a strong artistic practice.
Candidates must not currently be enrolled in another doctoral program.
There is no age limit for candidates.
Candidates may not apply more than three times.
The program is open to international applicants.
The admission process takes place in two phases.
Candidates first apply to the partner institute of their choice depending on their type of project:
- CNSAD, national theatre academy (Conservatoire national supérieur d’art dramatique)
- CNSMDP, national music and dance conservatory (Conservatoire national supérieur de musique et de danse de Paris) – applications from April 1 to May 15, 2021
- ENS (École normale supérieure)
- ENSAD, national decorative arts academy (École nationale supérieure des arts décoratifs)
- La Fémis, national film academy (École nationale supérieure des métiers de l’image et du son)
- Les Beaux-Arts, national fine arts academy (École nationale supérieure des beaux-arts)
The website for each institute specifies the application process and the list of supporting documents required.
You can apply: from 03/09/2021 to 05/06/2021 (4 p.m.)
On completion of a selection process, each institute decides on the eligibility of successful candidates. Definitive admission is then announced by the PSL plenary jury, after reviewing the applications and the eligibility reports for candidates prepared by each institute.
Find testimonials from PhD students of the SACRe program by clicking here.