PSL-iTeams is accessible to all master’s students, PhD students and post-docs of PSL!
Established in 2017, the PSL-iTeams academic program is designed to develop your entrepreneurial abilities and help capitalize on the inventions, results and knowledge generated by PSL’s research teams, through business start-ups or other forms of transfer to the business world and the community. The program will introduce you to the challenges of innovation and provide initial field experience in commercializing research results and starting a company.
- Conceptualizing the idea and brainstorming: to help you develop your imagination and show innovation in thinking “outside the box” with regard to building an image for your project and choosing how to present it (business model canvas, pitch, etc.).
- Go-to-market strategy and market research: to help you identify your project’s market and target audiences and address your users’ needs so you can build a value proposition and MVP (market studies, digital strategy, operational deployment, etc.).
- Project development & management: to help you make use of appropriate tools to structure your project’s development, identify the team member skills you need and organize the work.
- Legal & financial issues: to help you become familiar with the legal aspects of starting a business, develop an intellectual property strategy and establish a funding plan.
Six months, from September 28, 2021, to March 29, 2022:
- 24 hours of workshops (every Tuesday evening from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., excluding vacation periods)
- 8 hours of team work sessions
- 6 hours of scientific and business coaching as a team
- 3 major events:
> September 28 – Initial speed-dating session: the scientific advisors provide a brief presentation of the projects. Multidisciplinary teams are then established and the projects are assigned.
> December 14 – Mid-term oral defense: before a jury made up of professionals from the industrial world and experts in entrepreneurship.
> March 29 – Final defense: students defend their project and its business model before a jury playing the role of investors. Awards will be given to the best projects.
Participants in the program will be grouped into multidisciplinary teams and given the task of developing a technology transfer strategy (proof of concept, market, business model, etc.) for project concepts.
For each project- idea assigned to a team of students, the “scientific advisor” who proposed the idea will be present for selected meetings to provide scientific expertise and his or her perspective on potential applications. Students will also receive support from a “business mentor“, who will provide expertise in developing the project and putting together a business model.
You are a PSL PhD student interested in innovation or entrepreneurship? Whatever your discipline, take part in the PSL-iTeams program!
Applications are open until September 16, 2021
To apply, you have to:
- Pre-register via ADUM by clicking here
- Clearly write your motivations for following the PSL-iTeams program in the “Motivation” box
- Download the registration request form in your personal ADUM space
- Send your registration form signed by you and your thesis director by email to email@example.com
Admission results: September 21, 2021
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, you can also contact the person in charge of organizing the program by phone (07 50 15 93 14 ou 01 85 76 08 65): July 23, 2021 (9 am-5:30pm) and September 6, 2021 (9 am-6pm).