- Improve your grammatical accuracy and your written scientific style.
- Promote your contribution to the literature in the “abstract” and the introduction of the article.
> The most frequent grammatical errors identified in scientific articles: explanations and practical exercises;
> Characteristics of good scientific style in English: brainstorming and examples;
> Choosing a catchy title;
> Writing an abstract:
- The purpose of an abstract. How to make it attractive.
- The structure of an abstract;
- Drawing attention to your contribution to the literature;
- Reading authentic abstracts written by scientists of various disciplines and analysis of their structure;
- Improving your abstract: practical exercise.
> “Peer feedback” on abstracts
> Strategy to develop scientific style and vocabulary through active reading;
> Writing the introduction:
- Techniques for getting started: examples;
- Different possible structures for the introduction;
- Reading and analysis of some extracts of introductions;
- Citing the literature;
- Improving your introduction – practical exercise.
> BEFORE THE TRAINING: Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your abstract of your article (for rereading and corrections by the teacher).
> DAY OF TRAINING: Bring your abstract.
ATTENTION: the training is entirely in ENGLISH