The “PhD and Career Development” MOOC is designed by PhD students and PhDs who are perfectly aware of the issues faced by their peers when it comes to career development and defining one’s next step. Created and led by the PhDOOC association together with experts in Career Development for PhDs, this innovative training programme enables doctoral students to become informed and able to reflect and prepare for their future. Based on a proven pedagogical model, this MOOC is collaborative and flexible enough to allow each student to complete it at their own pace and whenever they want/can.
The MOOC takes place from January 13th to February 28th 2021, is divided into weekly sequences based on resources and activities organised on the following topics:
- Week 1: PhD and Career Development – an overview
- Week 2: Skills & Competencies
- Week 3: Career paths and your Professional Development Plan
- Week 4: Networking
- Week 5: Applying for a job (even unsolicited ones!)
- Week 6: Extra time to complete the training
Starting this year, all the contents and activities are proposed in French and English, to allow the greatest number of participants to take and complete this MOOC successfully.