Calls for applications: two doctoral contracts and one PSL-L’Oréal 2019 dissertation prize
Support by L’Oréal, Université PSL launches the new research chair “Beauté (s)” which creates an ecosystem dedicated to interdisciplinary reflection on the notion of beauty.
For four years, a seminar and a lecture series will rally and interbreed sciences with artistic creation in order to grasp every aspect of the complex but crucial notion of beauty.
The Chair will be directed by a scientific steering committee and by a pool of young researchers, after recruiting two doctoral students, two post-doctoral fellows and a scientific coordinator.
Scientific steering committee of the Chair:
- Rémi Carminati (physicist)
- François Jouen (neuroscientist)
- Nadeije Laneyrie-Dagen (art historian)
- Jacques Leclaire (physicist and biochemist)
- Alexandra Palt (Chief Corporate Responsibility Officer & Executive Vice-President of the l’Oréal Foundation)
- Kaouther Adimi (program supervisor for the l’Oreal Foundation, writer)
- Anne-Marie Turcan-Verkerk (text historian)
- Frédéric Worms (philosopher)
Each year, a ceremony dedicated to researches on beauty will be held to award the PSL-L’Oréal dissertation prize.
- Download the application package: Call for applications – Information form (please submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Deadline for applications: June 16, 2019 at midnight
- Results: end of June 2019
- Contracts start date: September 2019