Exploring the common ground between research and the arts; enabling artists in various creative fields and researchers to work and invent together: this is the mission of the SACRe (Sciences, Arts, Creation, Research) doctoral program.
The program is a result of the cooperation between six institutes full members or associate members of PSL:
- Conservatoire national supérieur d’art dramatique (CNSAD: national theatre conservatory),
- Conservatoire national supérieur de musique et de danse de Paris (CNSMDP: national music and dance conservatory),
- École nationale supérieure des Arts décoratifs (EnsAD: national school of decorative arts),
- École nationale supérieure des métiers de l’image et du son (La fémis: national school for film),
- École nationale supérieure des Beaux-Arts (Beaux-Arts : national school for fine arts),
- École normale supérieure (ENS).
The objective of SACRe is to facilitate the emergence and development of projects which associate art and research, and which are original in both their methods and their results. Encompassing multiple domains, as indicated by the name of the doctorate (SACRe: sciences, arts, creation and research), this truly interdisciplinary doctoral program brings together artists and designers, as well as researchers in the sciences, humanities, and social sciences, thus inculcating a close articulation of thought and sensitivity.