Born of a partnership between PSL and Biogen, this doctoral program aim to create a pool of young, high-level researchers with the best research and innovation skills in the biotechnology and neuroscience area.
The PhD students selected will benefit, over three years, from scientific and financial support. The dissertation will be directed by a PSL researcher and co-supervised by a scientist from Biogen USA.
This program is intended for both PSL research teams who wish to work with Biogen as part of a
doctoral project and also for Biogen employees who wish to extend their research work as part of a
For the applications from PSL teams:
- PSL dissertation adviser: any researcher (HDR) assigned to a PSL unit or laboratory, who will be able to enroll his doctoral student in a PSL co-accredited doctoral school.
- Student: any student with a Master’s degree or equivalent at the beginning of the 2019/2020 academic year.
For applications from Biogen USA:
- Student: any Biogen employee with a Master’s degree or equivalent at the beginning of the academic year.
The successful candidates of the Program will have to keep in regular contacts with their PhD adviser and Biogen supervisor. Every year, they will participate in scientific trips to the United States to meet Biogen USA teams, or to France to meet PSL Laboratories teams. In addition, a joint symposium will be held every year in Paris.
- Pre-selection of topics (application deadline: Monday, February 18, 2019)
- Identification and exchange phase (April – May 2019)
- Hearing of pre-selected candidates and selection of successful candidates (june 2019)
Between 1 and 4 dissertation projects will be funded among the applications from PSL and Biogen.