- Improve your grammatical accuracy and your written scientific style.
- Highlight your contribution to the literature in the “abstract” and the introduction of your article.
> The most frequent grammatical errors in scientific articles: explanations and practical exercises.
> Writing an abstract:
- The purpose of an abstract. How to make it attractive.
- The structure of an abstract.
- Drawing attention to your contribution to the literature.
- Reading authentic abstracts written by scientists of various disciplines and analysis of their structure.
- Improving your abstract: practical exercise.
> Characteristics of good scientific style in English: brainstorming and examples.
> Strategy to develop scientific style and vocabulary through active reading.
> The structure of a scientific article and tense use in each section.
> Writing the introduction: examples of impactful first sentences.
> Different possible structures for the introduction.
> Reading and analysis of some extracts of introductions.
> Citing the literature.
> Identifying points to improve in your introduction.